- The benefits of swinging spreaders are primarily downwind
- The spreaders being able to swing forward, as they will when the mast is in downwind orientation, gives the following benefits:
- looser cap-shrouds, resulting in more side-bend (cleaning up mainsail shape)
- non-restriction on mast inversion (allowing mast tip to be further forward).
- less imprint of the leeward spreader and shroud on the mainsail (providing sail with a cleaner shape)
- Spreaders automatically revert back to aft rake for the upwind leg (as backstay and mainsheet is applied)
- Spreaders have the abilty to be set to a range of upwind rakes
- Spreader band supplied blank (no mounting holes) - designed to be drilled on-site, to match existing holes in the mast
- Designed to be strong, durable and reliable
- Co-designed by Whale Spars Australia and Andrew Palfrey
- Price on application, dependant on currency rates and delivery costs
Got A Question?
Got a question about this Etchell part? Get in touch with us today.